About Investing In HOPE 30th Anniversary Edition
Investing in HOPE was created to support the communities where CREB® members live and work. To celebrate 30 years of legacy giving, CREB® Charitable Foundation will grant $300,000 in total to three (3) Calgary and area charities, demonstrating the care and support CREB® REALTORS® have for their community.
Nominated organizations can choose to participate in the 30th Anniversary Edition funding by completing a funding application for programs or projects for citizens within CREB®’s service area that:
- Support affordable housing or shelter-related initiatives; or
- Initiatives which enhance or provide sustainability for the community.
Three (3) organizations will be chosen to participate by a selection committee. The selection committee will score each application on criteria specified on the application completed by the nominee to determine the top three nominated organizations to participate on the Investing in HOPE website.
Finalists who receive an Investing in HOPE grant are determined by CREB® members and staff who vote for their favourite charity through an exclusive online nomination and voting program.
Grant amounts will be determined by the number of votes each receives. The highest number of votes will receive the greatest amount and so forth. The grant rankings are as follows:
Who can nominate? Only CREB® members and staff in good standing can nominate an organization for inclusion in the program.
Who can be nominated? Registered charities that provide services within CREB®’s geographical boundaries.
Who can vote? Only CREB® members and staff in good standing are eligible to vote.
THE NOMINATING AND VOTING PROCESS
The program will consist of three (3) segments:
- The nomination period will begin at noon MDT on Friday, June 9 and end at noon MDT on Friday, June 30.
- The committee selection period will begin Tuesday, July 4. The (3) three finalists will be notified at 11 a.m. MDT on Tuesday, Aug. 1.
- The voting period will begin at noon MDT on Friday, August 11 and end at noon MDT on Friday, Sept. 1.
HOW TO NOMINATE
CREB® members and staff are required to nominate online using the Investing in HOPE website . The nomination must include the organization’s legal name, website, and contact information (telephone number and email) along with a contact name for the organization. Each member may only nominate one organization and an organization may only be nominated once.
AFTER A NOMINATION IS SUBMITTED
After the nomination is submitted, the following steps will be taken:
- The nominator will receive an email advising that the nomination submission was successfully sent.
- CREB® Charitable Foundation will be notified of the nomination.
- The nominated organization will receive an email advising they have been nominated to take part in the program by the nominator, mentioned by name (no anonymous nominators will be permitted). The formal 30th Anniversary Edition program guidelines and application form will be attached to this email for completion. The nominated participant is required to complete the application and provide all required documentation within three (3) business days.
- Upon receiving a fully completed application, including attachments, CREB® Charitable Foundation will confirm the nominated organization’s eligibility through the Canada Revenue Agency website.
- Nominators will be advised as to the status of their nomination after the verification process. Nominees will also be advised as to their application status.
- All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Three (3) nominated organizations will be chosen to participate on the Investing in HOPE website. Nominators and nominees will be advised of the final selection.
- Finalists will be provided:
- a link and content guidelines to create their online profile page (“Profile”) on the Investing in HOPE website; and
- a 2,000 character maximum (including spaces) project description with up to five photographs (with captions provided as the titles of the photos), which must be submitted by Tuesday, Aug. 8 at noon.
Click here to access the official Program Guidelines for more information.