Assistants provide essential real estate support for REALTORS®. You can make the jump into real estate with CREB®'s Real Estate Assistants course.
Our specialized course will help you stand out by providing the knowledge and skills required to confidently support real estate professionals. Participants are featured on an online portal for REALTORS® searching for assistants, increasing the prospects of landing a position.
In this workshop participants will:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to accurately and confidently support real estate professionals with the day-to-day tasks and duties involved in the real estate transaction process;
- Recognize the roles of the agent, the broker, the assistant and regulatory agencies and their relationship with CREB®;
- Discover what it takes to maintain an orderly framework for real estate activity in this government regulated marketplace;
- Know and understand your obligations and what you can and cannot do as an unlicensed assistant; and
- Learn legalities as it applies to you as an unlicensed assistant and ensure you lead an ethically sound business.
This course has a final assessment at the end. Participants must obtain a score of 60% to receive their certificate.
Cost: $299 + GST
Please note, session participants must register themselves to ensure their attendance is correctly attributed to their account.
If you are a CREB® REALTOR® interested in taking the course, please email email@example.com.
- October 18 & 19 - 9:00am to 4:00pm – In Class
- November 4, 5, 8 & 9 - 9:00am to 12:00pm - Online
In Class Expectations:
With the announcement on Friday, by the government of Alberta, of temporary COVID-19 public health actions we have the following update regarding your attendance at your upcoming in-person course at CREB®.
- Masks are now mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces, this includes the CREB® building. You will be required to wear a mask while in the building and at your desk in the classroom unless you are eating or drinking.
- Students will be seated at their individual seats in the classroom which will be socially distanced.
- In alignment with the Government of Alberta’s recommendation which states that “Unvaccinated Albertans are strongly recommended to limit indoor social gatherings to close contacts of only 2 cohort families up to a maximum of 10 people” we are encouraging unvaccinated members, or members who may no longer feel comfortable attending an in-person course, to transfer to the next online offering of the course with no penalty. This request can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extra care is taken with social distancing and sanitization in our classrooms. We are excited to welcome our members back to the Board for in-person learning, however our online classes are still available if that is your preference.
Please Note: By clicking on the day to register, you will automatically be enrolled in all sessions. You must complete all sessions in order to obtain the certificate. You will receive confirmation emails for all sessions.