REALTORS® are trusted advisors who can ensure you feel confident with your real estate decisions. (iStock)
Feb. 17, 2022 | CREB
SPONSORED: REALTORS® provide advice and support when you need it most
Buying or selling a home is a big decision, filled with complicated rules and regulations. Working with a REALTOR® who understands your needs can help you navigate this exciting and often nerve-wracking process with success.
REALTORS® are licensed real estate professionals who have pledged to uphold a national Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice, holding themselves to a higher standard of personal excellence and committing to lifelong learning through continuing professional development and field experience.
Equipped with knowledge on housing trends and structural rules, plus a large network of real estate connections, REALTORS® are trusted advisors who can ensure you feel confident with the decision you make.
Where do I find the right REALTOR® for me?
Don’t settle. Interview a few REALTORS® to find the best match for you.
- Reach out to family and friends. Asking people you trust about their own experiences and recommendations is a great way to find a REALTOR® who suits you.
- Look at REALTOR® names on property listings or signs in your desired neighbourhoods, as these REALTORS® may have a good understanding of those neighbourhoods.
- Search for a REALTOR® on realtor.ca by name, office, city or languages spoken.
What questions should I ask when interviewing a potential REALTOR®?
You should tailor interview questions to fit your personality and specific needs, but there are several standard questions that can help you decide who your REALTOR® will be:
- How long have you been in real estate?
- What is your average list-to-sale-price ratio?
- How will your marketing plan meet my needs?
- How will you ensure I find a place I love?
For more guidance in choosing the right REALTOR® for your personality and needs, visit the Alberta Real Estate Association’s website.
The Alberta Real Estate Association (AREA) is the not-for-profit professional association representing the interests of more than 11,000 REALTORS® and 10 local real estate boards/associations.
Sponsored | AREA