REALTORS® serving Calgary and area

July 24, 2014 | CREBNow

Flood relocation deadline approaching

Homeowners in designated southern Alberta floodways can apply for relocation compensation until Aug. 30, said a release today from the Alberta Government.

Processed through the Disaster Recovery Program, Albertans who choose to move out of floodway areas have the option to sell their property to the government. Homeowners who take part will recieve 100 per cent of their 2013 municipal property tax assessed value. The compensation is only available to those in a floodway.

Interested parties can apply to the Disaster Recovery Program. If you`ve already applied but haven`t expressed interest in relocation compensation call 1-888-671-1111 and provide your file number from your original application to be updated.

Eligible floodway properties include:

  • Calgary

  • High River

  • MD of Foothills

  • Turner Valley

  • County of Red Deer

  • Rocky View County

  • Mountain View County

  • Medicine Hat

  • Okotoks


Tagged: Alberta | Calgary | compensation | Disaster Recovery Program | floodway | government | property | Uncategorized

Connect With Us