June 19, 2015 | CREBNow
Cochrane announces summer construction
The Town of Cochrane has released it's schedule for the 2015 Streets Improvement Project.
Work is scheduled for:
- Glenbow Dr. from Fifth Ave. to Highway 22
- Railway St. from Nan Boothby Library to Charlesworth Ave.
- Fifth Ave. from Griffin Rd. to CPR tracks
- Benchlands Dr. and Benchlands Pl.
- Powell St. between Ross and Pope Ave.
Work at all locations includes:
- Road surfaces: removing asphalt
- Removing and replacing deficient concrete from sidewalks, curbs and gutters
- Asphalt paving on road surfaces
- Road painting for bike lanes being implemented on Glenbow Dr. and Railway St.
While there will be traffic disruptions, the Town said the goal is to maintain two-way traffic on all routes during work. The work is funded by provincial grants and road rehabilitation reserve and was approved by Town council as part of the 2015 budget.
Work begins June 24 and is expected to end early August.
Cochrane | roads | Streets Improvement Project | Transportation | Uncategorized